7 weeks and still so much to do! To my surprise I have found that preparing for this world trip has been half the fun already. There have been challenges to rise up to such as:
– lots of DIY to my flat so it is ready to be let out. Result: a flat I loooove and hate to leave in another person’s hands. And one broken thumb (due to said DIY). Not bad.
– finding a good travel insurance policy. My job title may be segment manager bank & insurance, but that hasn’t made this task any less tedious. Still looking.
– eating ALL the food that is still in my cupboard and freezer in 7 weeks. Any travel insurance company that will cover the risk of delayed departure due to food poisoning: please send me an offer through the contact form on my blog.
The things I’ve learned in the process:
– I now know I love drilling holes in a wall. I now know I may be too impatient to accurately measure and remeasure where the holes have to go.
– I set up this frikkin blog: widgets, plugins, favicons, SEO and html code have no more secrets for me. Well, sort of.
– Something I’d been wanting to do for a very long time: I took a first aid course at the Red Cross. I still may feel nauseous at the sight of one drop of blood, but I now know what to do when my niece gets sick due to food poisoning. (Yes, projectile vomiting is on the first aid course programme. And noooo, the food in my freezer had nothing to do with it.)
And there have been these amazing and unexpected things:
– all the conversations I’ve already had with friends, colleagues and strangers who’ve been to any of our destinations and share their stories and photos.
– getting tips and names of people to stay with, even though we don’t know them.
– finding out that I will be meeting several of my London friends along the way!
7 weeks… I’m counting down!