This zucchini bread recipe is vegan, gluten free, grain free and keto friendly, and to top it off, it’s totally ayurvedic!
- 100g coconut oil
- 1 cup/ 225g almond flour
- 1 cup/225g zucchini, grated squeezed (about 2 medium ones)
- 2 flax eggs (2tbs ground flax seeds + 6 tbs water)
- ½ tsp sea salt or Himalaya salt
- 1 tsp baking soda (sodium bicarbonate)
- Melt the coconut oil and set aside, allowing it to cool.
- Make the flax eggs by combining the ground flax seeds and water in a small bowl or cup. Stir and set aside to thicken.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC or 350F.
- Grate the zucchini in a big bowl. Take a cheese cloth and line the bottom of another bowl with it. Pour the grated zucchini into the cheese cloth, bring the corners of the cloth together and lift it out of the bowl. With your other hand start squeezing the zucchini above the bowl to capture the zucchini water. (You can use the zucchini water for a smoothie or as soup stock so don’t discard it!). When no more water is coming out, place the zucchini into the big bowl.
- Grind the almonds to flour, or weigh out your almond flour and pour it into the big bowl with your almond flour.
- Stir the flax egg once more and add it to the bowl. Add the salt, baking soda and melted coconut oil and combine everything into a dough.
- Line a small bread tin with baking paper and pour in the dough. Make sure you push the dough into the corners and press down so it is compact.
- Bake for about 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool completely on a grill outside the oven before cutting it. This vegan keto zucchini bread freezes really well, so I usually make 3 or 4 at the same time.